4.28.2008

Midnight ♥

I remember when I would stay up late on a school night... just to make sure I caught the nightly episode of Midnight Love. As soon as it was over, I'd brief my BFF on what new videos came out and which ones would make her cry. I'm pretty sure we based our future men off the super sappy roles played by the artist or their video actor's. We even dedicated them to our one week crushes.

It was at a time where BET did something right, love songs didn't consist of a T-Pain voice box (don't get me started), video chicks we're actually actresses, and the booty wasn't BLATANTLY the main focus..it was more like love then booty.

I'm sure you all had your Midnight Love favorites (you know the songs you had to see before you turned the channel), here's a couple of mine...

112~Cupid *Ahhh yes..Lol I would cry major on this one*


Tamia~So Into You *This was for the honey mood phase. Once you and your H.S. boo made it past the first 3 days. Tamia can SANG*


Sam Salter~There You Are *Tear Jerker..I think I cried everytime this came on*


Changing Faces~G.H.E.T.T.O.U.T. *something tells me R.Kelly had something to do with this track*


Dru Hill~Never Make a Promise *See!! Men..TAKE NOTES*


Jagged Edge~Gotta Be * I remember wanted to be Beyonce so bad in this video*


Case~Missing You *that's Joe singing back up*


Lauryn Hill~ Sweetest Thing *I STAYED UP LATE FOR THIS SONG! I EVEN RECORDED IT ON VHS!!!*


Jon B.~Don't Say *THIS SONG IS AND WAS THE ____!!!!!!*


Faith Evans~Soon As I Get Home * this reminds me of my sister..she LOVED Faith*


Mobb Deep~Hey Luv *Such a Hoodtastic LOVE SONG! How could you not fall in love with these dudes*


I've saved the best for last...
Aaliyah~4 Page Letter *I had the dance steps DOWN to a T! I also (and still do) wanted her hair*


Where did good R&B go?!?!

Blessings
Rae♥

No comments: