10.28.2008

NYC for CMJ











SOB's for Blitz The Ambassador, The Retro Kidz and Anthony Hamilton, Southpaw for Black Milk (and where I got face time with the beloved Tanya Morgan boys - Hi Von! Hi Don!), Fader Magazine Fort where NYC and PDX mag and music celebs rubbed each other's elbows and Charles Hamilton emceed. Again. And the Knitting Factory where surprise guests Chuck D. and Keith Murray rounded out a nice bill with People Under The Stairs (LA got the most NYC love that night), the Jungle Bros. (two of three performed) and Prince Paul handled the decks for all the OG members of the legendary Stetsasonic crew.

It was the shit I missed though, while attending the above shindigs, that makes me want to pack extra vitamins and go again next year. Things like the global hip hop throwdown evening hosted by Pharoahe Monch, just for starters...

Enjoy the snaps. Obvi, I didn't take as many as I should have and there's personal fam mixed in but it's my blog, so I don't wanna hear the complaints. Felt good being back in the big apple, even for just a few.

Xoxo - S.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"uhhh huh - whats up with this - jell-uh-see??" (c) SV

wish i coulda been there