2.27.2008

A Few Of Our Favorite Thangs

Hot off the concrete - Heatherette has pulled the ultimate collab and teamed up with M.A.C. Oh my gawd. The collection hits a Sephora near you March 27th.


This collection is coming off the stiletto heels of the Fafi / M.A.C. collaboration that hit streets and cheeks this month. I can't even tell you how many divas I saw toting the matching collab bags on and off the subway. Everything in the collection has Fafi's fingers on it, including the illegally cute trio of limited edition figurine dollies she whipped up for the snatching.

I was posted in Park Slope gathering face time with Miss Rebecca, one of my most fabulous Brooklynites as she packed for her annual work trip to Paris for fashion week when I mentioned the Fafi/M.A.C. thing. She sprang up and grabbed all three of the dolls off her mantle, in their boxes and autographed by the French graffiti artist and asked if I'd like one. After coming to with the aid of smelling salts, I realized she had given me Monoka, the brown-skinned girly. How appropriate indeed. You can cop the ladies while they last on Maccosmetics.com... Behold.







Here's another fun one out of the pages of this month's Paper magazine, which highlights La La Land. I'll try not to hold that against them. Ha. The entire Vling Vling line is cut out of vinyl, molded into whimsical shapes and made into necklaces and earrings. They even found and use colored records, which is fabulous. vlingvling.com


I'm thick up to my armpits putting together the latest and greatest from my recent splurge to the rotten apple and I'm super blog antsy so...I've had these snaps chilling on the desktop for some minutes for daily inspiration. And perspiration.

The following meaty mash-up includes NYC fly female graff artist Toofly's work, the young'uns of NYC's A.L.I.E.N. clothing line and the Los Angeles based Dime Piece Designs collection, inspired and hand-crafted from those luscious lushes at Brown Babies. Eat up.








No comments: